Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer's End

This summer has been quite the trip! JoRyan and I have been living in Westminster, Colorado doing summer sales for EcoFirst pest control. Not the ideal job, knocking doors all day everyday, but definitely worth it in the end. I have learned a lot of things about myself this summer! I really miss my family, and I can't wait to get back to Oklahoma. I know, you think I'm crazy for wanting to live in Oklahoma over Colorado, but honestly! I love it there!
We have been through a lot of ups and downs this summer as well... We made an unexpected trip home in May, taking JoRyan to the ER for a Crohn's Disease flare up. The morning we were sitting in the hospital, I got a call from my Dad letting me know that my Grandpa Graves had just suffered a heart attack and was in the hospital as well. What a nightmare.
Things picked up from there though. I started knocking doors and making sales like crazy, and JoRyan was hired on as a technician (a much better job for his needing to be stress-free). We had a couple of visitors. My cousin Lexie and her husband Preston stayed with us for a weekend, my mom and little sister stayed with us on their way to Utah, we went white water rafting in class 4 rapids, we had a 7 second shopping spree at Costco, we bought season passes to the amusement park out here, and we road tripped to Utah for my cousin Spencer's wedding.
It has been a great summer overall, despite the illnesses, the stress, the frustration. And we look forward to starting school again in a couple of weeks!

pictures and videos soon to follow (:

1 comment:

David Arnold said...

Hi Michelle, I stumbled upon your blog while doing a google search about EcoFirst. I'm a student at BYU-I and considering working for them over the summer. What did you think about it? Did you make as much as they said? Was it worth it? It looks like a pretty intense job. Thanks.

David